I first fell in love with button pin machines back in college days. My friend and I were given the task to give a design to a shop that makes button pins . We were surprised at how fast the process of creating button pins/ badges was. I knew at that moment that I could do it. The cost of materials vs. the profit was also good.
How to make a button pins (or some call it badges):
- Create a design. In MS Word, Correl, Photoshop, etc. anywhere you are comfortable with. For simple text, I just really use MS Word/Mac’s Page. You can use this template for free.
- Print the design.
- Cut the design. You may use a pair of scissors. You may also want to invest in a circle cutter.
- Put the cutout in the machine. Press the lever and you’re done.
You can watch the whole process on my Youtube channel:
Around three years ago, I was asked by my husband to think of something I wanted as a gift. Yeah. I chose this. I would usually choose something that could give possible income in the long run. Since I love arts and crafts, I told my husband I wanted a button pin machine. (weird, I know)
I have made many button pins (and made money) out of this simple button pin maker and had I been more aggressive in making this as a home business, I’m sure I can earn more. If you are in Jeddah, you can check out Marty & Miggy Facebook Page.
Other items you need to make button pins:
- Computer/laptop for creating the design.
- Printer (I prefer laser printer, but any printer will work)
- Pair of scissors or a circle cutter/ puncher like this here, if you want to invest in one
- Button pin set (metal plate, mylar plastic, cover) bought as a set
- Button pin machine: you may choose from the following:
Where can you use button pins, you may ask. Almost in every event. You just have to add a little creativity. 🙂 Here are some ideas: awards, souvenirs, event name tags, etc.